Friday, November 13, 2009

My French Holiday

As I pack for a lovely holiday with mum to Hawaii I have to share that I fulfilled my life long dream of sipping cafe in a Parisien cafe. Although not long enough I joined my husband who works in France most years for a month or 3 for a quick 2 week visit cramming as much in as I could. I have filled my journal with my ramblings and sketches, so many buildings I wanted to draw but time and rsi limited me lol. Paris lived up to every daydream I have ever had (lots!) and Provence makes me cry even having been back for 3 weeks, I think was meant to live there and perhaps it will happen one day...St Remy was the most perfect village to stop and enjoy the lifestyle for but a few days and although the Mistral was brutally chilly we visited every shop, bistro and cafe in the town, alas no markets the days were were in town.

My trip has resparked my love for french goodies although they must work with my coastal style ...so before Mr Right returns home I must change some furniture and re-introduce some french favourites. Piccies on their way (so many shopfronts!)

1 comment:

  1. Now how did i miss this post madame!! Love reading about your trips you jetsetter...Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete