Monday, June 15, 2009

Inspired

Im so inspired today having spent a good few hours reading some trully wonderful blogs that I vow to post regularly and share some images from my home and shop when time permits, with a website to run and facebook calling I find it all so time consuming but have decided that blogging is what I like. There are so many thousands of trully talented women around the world who are such kindred spirits and as a shop owner it is hard to stay inspired sometimes but when you see what is going on out there it really does energise me. I am such a novice bloogger that I would like to say that if I use images saved on my pc without giving credit please please let me know as it is not my wish to plaguerise, so much of this goes on in the world. As a friend recently reminded me.....imitation is the highest form of flattery (will keep telling self this through gritted teeth), I would dearly love to hear from other retailers trying to stay alive and unique in this very difficult time and love to offer bespoke and handmade items at my shop. I try to do some of my own work every week so that I don't become a boring chainstore but time is the enemy of the small business owner (not to mention mother of three). Keep up the good work bloggers and if you have left emails on the website please be patient, my husband already cooks 3 nights a week so I can keep up with my keyboard committments....pushing my luck.........

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dee, Thanks so much for stopping by the other day; i am also new to the blogging world. I understand all too well what you mean about being time poor because of juggling homelife and running your own store is sometime difficult, especially in these economic times. I too have just set myself up to make some in store goodies as a way of filling in the time if things are quiet. I cant stand wasting time, it is too precious. Those pictures were of letters from my store...good old Ness always giving me a plug on her site. Unfortunately they are a one-off. Yes something i picked up that were off an old service station..would have been lit up from behind. Nice chatting Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete